Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Installing xRecovery on X10 Mini Pro



Now that you've rooted your mini pro (if you haven't rooted yet click here to know how), you can now install xRecovery.

Requirements:
1. Phone must be rooted
2. Busybox must be installed

Downloads:
1. xRecovery Unified Installer
2. Root Explorer

How to Install Busybox:
1. Go to Market, search "busybox" download and install Busybox Installer.
2. Open the application and press "Allow" when prompted for SuperUser access.
3. Wait for it to download and install.

How to Install xRecovery:
1. Download and install Root Explorer. Open it and go to /system
2. Press Mount r/w
3. Still in Root Explorer, go to /sdcard find and install xrecovery_signed.apk
4. Exit Root Explorer and open xRecovery Installer. Tap Install xRecovery.
5. If you see green marks then that means you installed xRecovery successfully.

How to Use xRecovery:
1. Reboot phone and when you see the white Sony Ericsson logo, press the Back button couple of times.
2. To navigate up and down, use the volume buttons. To open selected action, press Home button. To go back, press Back button.

Easy as pie innit? :)

Credits goes to D4rKn3sSyS of xda Developers for creating the xRecovery Installer

13 comments:

does this work for the regular x10 mini?

followed all the and cant get this to work unable to boot into xRecovery no matter how many times I press the back button :( any ideas what the problem could be?

I installed xRecovery successfully on my x10 mini . After that while rebooting after sony white logo i pressed back key.
But it directly goes to sony animation, then phone starts-
NOT to the recovery mode

You should press it as soon as you see the white SE logo. Not just press it! Tap it like you was a crazy old woman who just got a slow cell phone

plz help me sir ,after doing that i again rebooted my cell.but now my cell is stuck in SE logo its not moving to the next menu... i waited for 1 hr...'m panic plz...show me the way to get ride out of this.answer me on my mail to praneethdevaraju10@gmail.com
adv thanks

Hi! If you're stuck you can restore your phone using Sony Ericsson Update Service. Please download it and install. Good luck!

I've tried Tap it like I was a crazy old woman who just got a slow cell phone...But still can not boot in recovery mode....hiks...

not working it shows me red not green and it says file exists cant get it by doing anything

I only get the 'green' once then can got to xrecovery loader after reboot... after some time I tried to redoing again the same thing 'red' mark only never get 'green' mark then after reboot fail to load xrecovery menu....
My question: how to get again the 'green' mark????

Yes... now I can redo it again after replace all 3 files (overwrite)in the
1)system/bin/xrecovery.tar
2)system/bin/changemon
3)system/bin/busybox


from sdcard\Android\data\com.zoz33.xRecoveryInstaller

Hope this workaround will help others...

i can't boot into recovery mode, please help me sir..

Worked GREAT! Easy tutorial, the best.
thank you for sharing :)

Post a Comment